THE SYMBOLIC LIFE
Language of the Soul
CE Credits + Certificate of Attendance
APA and NAAP credits, as well as certificates of attendance are available for this program. Full attendance is required at each presentation to receive credit. CE credits will be issued at a cost of $60 for APA certificate and $35 per certificate for NAAP credit. Certificate of attendance available at a cost of $10 per certificate. Your choices can be noted on the registration form.
Continuing Education Credit for Healthcare Professionals
Teachings are appropriate for healthcare professionals as well as the general public. Healthcare professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. CE credits are available for an additional cost of $60 per certificate: 11 CE credits for the Jung in Madrid seminar week.
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Sally Smith-Raymond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about CE, contact Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com.
NAAP credits for New York State Social Workers and Licensed Psychoanalysts
In addition, 10 CE credits for New York State Social Workers and Licensed Psychoanalysts have been applied for through the National Association for Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP). NAAP maintains responsibility for the programs and their content as well.
For questions about receiving NAAP credits, contact Sally Smith-Raymond.
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of continuing education for licensed psychoanalysts. #P-0019.
National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis (NAAP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0168.
Daily Schedule (Breakdown of CE Credits)
Wednesday, November 8
5:30 – 7:15 p.m.
Presentation by Dr Aryeh Maidenbaum, Myth and Reality: The Golden Age(s) of Spain – Didactic lecture: 1.75 hours
Thursday, November 9
9:00 – 10: 30a.m.
Presentation by Ann Ulanov, How are Symbolic and Spiritual Life Related? How are Psyche and Soul Related? To Ask the Right Question is Already is Half the Solution (Jung) Didactic Lecture 1.5 hours
11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Presentation by Earl Collins, Transforming Symbols: El Greco and Mystical Art- Didactic Lecture 1.25 hours
Saturday, November 11
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Presentation by Ann Ulanov: Teresa of Avila: A Remarkable Woman- a Warrior with Courage, Humor, Passion, Experiences that Extend from Neurosis to Encounter with God – Didactic Lecture 1.5 hours
11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. Presentation by Monika Wikman: John of the Cross: Visionary Mystic and Poet with Wisdom for Our Times – Didactic Lecture: 1.5 hours
Monday, November 13
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Presentation by Earl Collins, Transforming Symbols: Jung, Ignatius and the Imagination – Didactic Lecture 1.5 hours
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Presentation by Monika Wikman, Alchemical Tongues: The Passion of the Soul Alive in Spanish Hebrew Poets in Christian and Islamic Middle Ages – Didactic Lecture 1.5 hours
Tuesday, November 14
9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Faculty and Panel Discussion – 2 hours
Total CE credit hours: 11
Certificate of Attendance
For those not requiring CE credits, certificates of attendance are available at a cost of $10 per certificate. Make your request on the registration form.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact Sally Smith-Raymond, firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 8–15, 2023 | Madrid, Spain
THE SYMBOLIC LIFE
Language of the Soul
Program cost: $3980* includes:
- 7 nights’ accommodations
- Breakfast daily; two lunches; welcome and closing dinners
- All group transportation via deluxe air-conditioned coach
- All lectures, presentations, workshops, guided tours, and site entrance fees
Limited to 40 participants. All program costs are based on double occupancy. Single supplement: ($795) and gratuities ($125) additional.
November 15–20, 2023
Cordoba, Granada & Seville
Tour cost: $2500* includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodations
- Full breakfasts daily, two dinners (Granada and Seville)
- All group transportation (deluxe air conditioned coach and AVE, high speed train from Madrid to Cordoba)
- Entrance fees to all museums and historic sites on our itinerary
*Limited to 25 participants: Cost based on double occupancy. Single supplement: ($595) and gratuities ($100) additional. Registration after April 1, 2023: $2750. (Registration for the extended tour is currently full. Please call the office, 845.256.0191, for details.)
If you have questions feel free to email us anytime or call the office between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday: 845-256-0191.